5 Tips to a great first impression
No matter what we say or do the thing about first impression has been a thing that will never leave us alone. So why not talk about that? Since everyone is affected by it and the first impression tag “tags” along with the person for a long long time, let’s see if we can see as to how one can present a better first impression.
- Be friendly : This works wonders. Meet and greet the person with a firm hand-shake. And remember to “Smile”, meet as if its a very good friend, but obviously over-doing it will just make it look fake.
- Body language : Don’t turn AWAY from the person when talking. Or don’t cross your arms or legs in the way as if you are uncomfy talking to them, and obviously don’t stare at them as if they got something on their face!
- Good posture : A good posture, standing position, is a good sign that you are comfy with yourself and the person you are talking to. Now you don’t want to be bending as if you are looking left and talking from the right corner of your lip to them.. would you like it if I did that to you?
- Speak clearly : Some people mumble jumble a lot of their sentences when they are nervous. So follow the first tip. When you see them as a friend, you will smile and be quite clear as to what you got to say.
- Be positive : This is very important. I am sure you wouldn’t say that a person has left a good first impression if the first thing they hear from you is how much you hate your boss, your parents, your siblings, your job, your life.. !